Who should take the rap when a company hits the skids? Does the buck stop in the boardroom or the marketing department? The issue has been brought into focus by the ongoing turmoil in the supermarket sector, where the relentless march of the discou...
When Dave Lewis, the chief executive of Tesco, first met Neil Munn, the group chief executive of Bartle Bogle Hegarty, to talk about the troubled retailer s ad account, they were too engrossed in their conversation to realise that there was a fire in...
Tesco has rejected suggestions that Tag and Havas EHS will lose their business with the retailer to the incoming creative agency, Bartle Bogle Hegarty.
It s showdown time in the Lloyds Bank media review as the marketing director, Katherine Kehoe, holds a single briefing for all involved at the Covent Garden Hotel today (Thursday). Expect sharp suits and smiles all round from the shortlisted agenci...
Bartle Bogle Hegarty aims to build trust back into Tesco's brand when it takes over the troubled supermarket's advertising account.
Tesco has moved its £110 million ad business to Bartle Bogle Hegarty without a pitch, ending its two-and-a-half-year relationship with Wieden & Kennedy London.
Sainsbury's is featuring two food bloggers in ads promoting its frozen food offering as part of a campaign called 'Love Your Freezer'.
Sainsbury's Christmas ad has topped YouTube's most watched ads of 2014 in the UK, with the John Lewis festive ad in second place.
A research company failed to find high levels of disgust when measuring people's reactions to the Sainsbury's Christmas ad, despite it prompting more than 700 complaints.
Sainsbury's Christmas ad campaign demanded a production with sensitivity and authenticity, Tim Riley writes.
Sainsbury's has started a review of its £60 million media planning and buying business, handled by PHD for 19 years.
Tesco Clubcard has launched a Twitter campaign that helps Christmas shoppers find gifts that "won't break the bank".
The Advertising Standards Authority has received 240 complaints about the Sainsbury's Christmas ad in the first two days since its launch.
Ant and Dec, the television presenters, star in Morrisons' musical Christmas campaign.
Campaign takes of look at the major Christmas ads including John Lewis, Sainsbury's, Waitrose, Asda and Debenhams, some of which have pulled at viewers' heartstrings, while others have offered up some comedy.
Waitrose's Christmas TV ad is a low-key affair that builds on the retailer's message that its employees are more dedicated because they own part of the business.
Supermarkets must personalise the shopping experience for busy mums if they want to ensure loyalty. By Steve Parker.
Was the John Lewis boss, Andy Street, deliberately trying to manage expectations of its Christmas ad campaign with his comments at the recent World Retail Congress? Street - who, later on the train home, managed to offend the French by telling a jour...
Lidl went on the offensive last week when it launched an ad (by TBWA\London) ridiculing a price-matching scheme from Morrisons. This follows a tactical execution the previous week when Lidl poked fun at an unfortunate Sainsbury s staff poster in whic...
Tesco Mobile is launching a brand campaign in the UK created by Wieden & Kennedy Amsterdam.
More industry sectors
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London