Waitrose reunites with Delia to host online cookery school
Waitrose has hooked up with Delia Smith again, just months after dropping her from its ads, to bring the TV cook's recently launched online cookery school to Waitrose TV.
Delia Smith: teams up again with Waitrose
The Delia Online Cookery School with Waitrose, which will feature an array of tutorials free of charge, goes live today on the Waitrose TV site and on Deliaonline.com.
The reunion comes after Marketing reported in January that Waitrose and Smith were parting ways and that the supermarket would not extend the contract when it expired in February. However, the retailer said at the time that it was extending its relationship with Heston Blumenthal, whose contract was due to end at the same time.
Accordingly, the cookery school will add new content regularly over the course of two years. It will be supported by content from other Waitrose-affiliated chefs and food experts, who will offer tutorials on cooking basics as well advanced techniques.
Rupert Thomas, Waitrose’s marketing director, said: "This wealth of new content from Delia will complement the wide range of expertise already on Waitrose TV from contributors including Blumenthal, Alan Titchmarsh and Phillip Schofield, and will continue to build our online presence as the destination for foodies or anyone looking to develop their skills."
Delia Smith added: "If you are from nine to 109 you will be able to learn anything from boiling an egg to baking a cake – I don't think you can learn in a better way."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + car allowance+ bonus, Berkshire
- Associate Director, Consumer Research Jarlett de Grouchy £38000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, Oxfordshire
- Senior Innovation Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per Car/ Car Allowance, South East
- Range and Merchandising Executive Ball & Hoolahan £33,000 per annum, London
- Global Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Global Brand Ambassador Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London