Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi and Beyonce lead celeb-heavy list
Pepsi's spot starring music megastar Beyonce is the most-shared ad this week after generating 226,737 shares across Facebook, Twitter and the blogosphere.
The ad, created by agency 180 LA, features a full cast of Beyonces – past and present – staring out from a collection of mirrors, and is joined in the chart by a making-of feature, shared an additional 34,000 times, at number four.
A man who is used to coming first, Usain Bolt, lags behind Beyonce in fifth place with 25,209 shares this week, in a teaser ad for Samsung's new NX300 smart camera.
The six-time Olympic Gold medallist takes to the starting blocks once again in the spot, created by Cheil Worldwide.
Meanwhile, in eighth place, John Terry and eight of his Chelsea FC teammates appear in an ad from Adidas to promote pre-sales of the Chelsea FC replica kit.
The ad, created by The Corner, has been shared 15,675 times this week.
To view the most-shared viral ads from previous weeks, visit the Brand Republic viral video board on Pinterest.
The chart has been produced in association with Unruly and ranks ads according to the number of times they have been shared on social media and across blogosphere.
1. Pepsi Max "mirrors" by 180LA
226,737 shares this week
All time: 275,147 shares
2. Oakley "Bubba's hover" by thinkmodo
62,764 shares this week
All time: 215,285 shares
3. Neft "biting elbows" created in-house
38,209 shares this week
All time: 1,071,225 shares
4. Pepsi Max "mirrors - behind the scenes" by 180LA
34,815 shares this week
All time: 61,685 shares
5. Samsung Electronics "Usain Bolt teaser" by Cheil Worldwide
25,209 shares this week
All time: 76,287 shares
6. Activision "the replacers" by 72andsunny
22,630 shares this week
All time: 31,536 shares
7. Facebook "home" by Wieden & Kennedy
17,505 shares this week
All time: 20,132 shares
8. Adidas/Chelsea FC "it's blue, what else matters?" by The Corner
15,675 shares this week
All time: 46,611 shares
9. Old Spice "watermelon" by Wieden & Kennedy Portland
14,981 shares this week
All time: 22,365 shares
10. Carlsberg "Carlsberg puts friends to the test" by Duval Guillaume Modem
13,550 shares this week
All time: 390,536 shares
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Business Development Manager Pure360 £20,000 - £25,000 depending on experience. £45k OTE uncapped, Brighton
- Comms Planning Manager PFJ £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London