BBH captures global Bang & Olufsen ad account
Bartle Bogle Hegarty has won the global advertising account for Bang & Olufsen after a competitive pitch.
Bang & Olufsen: expansion
The agency has been tasked with promoting the brand’s high-end visual and audio products and developing its strategic partnership with Universal Music.
The business moves from an undisclosed overseas agency.
BBH Shanghai has also been appointed to support the roll-out of Bang & Olufsen in China, including its B&O Play sub-brand, which is targeted at digitally connected design enthusiasts.
Jens Feilberg, the marketing director at Bang & Olufsen, said: "We are expanding our focus to markets like China and the US and therefore required an agency with a global footprint and local presence in our key markets. BBH has shown strong expertise in working with global luxury brands."
Jason Gonsalves, the chief strategy officer at BBH, said: "The BBH story is built on doing work for amazing brands looking for game-changing ideas. Bang & Olufsen is exactly that – a pioneering company with almost a century of innovation."
According to the annual CoolBrands survey of the UK’s "coolest" brands, Bang & Olufsen slipped from number five in 2011 to number nine last year.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital Operations Macmillan Cancer Support £50,000 - £55,000 +Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Content Marketing and SEO Manager Lynda Up to £40,000, Central London
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Senior Account Manager The Great & The Good £35000 - £40000 per annum + great benefits , London
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London