BBH captures global Bang & Olufsen ad account
Bartle Bogle Hegarty has won the global advertising account for Bang & Olufsen after a competitive pitch.
Bang & Olufsen: expansion
The agency has been tasked with promoting the brand’s high-end visual and audio products and developing its strategic partnership with Universal Music.
The business moves from an undisclosed overseas agency.
BBH Shanghai has also been appointed to support the roll-out of Bang & Olufsen in China, including its B&O Play sub-brand, which is targeted at digitally connected design enthusiasts.
Jens Feilberg, the marketing director at Bang & Olufsen, said: "We are expanding our focus to markets like China and the US and therefore required an agency with a global footprint and local presence in our key markets. BBH has shown strong expertise in working with global luxury brands."
Jason Gonsalves, the chief strategy officer at BBH, said: "The BBH story is built on doing work for amazing brands looking for game-changing ideas. Bang & Olufsen is exactly that – a pioneering company with almost a century of innovation."
According to the annual CoolBrands survey of the UK’s "coolest" brands, Bang & Olufsen slipped from number five in 2011 to number nine last year.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- Head of New Media Department for Work and Pensions Salary £60,030 to £72,880., Westminster
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 per annum, London (Greater)
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire