Google follows Yahoo and Bing by announcing 'new' logo
Google has retouched its logo, getting rid of the 3D effect on the colourful letters of its name and introducing a flatter, cleaner version of the instantly recognisable brand name.
Google: revamps its logo
This month has seen the introduction of new logos for rival internet companies Yahoo and Bing, and even Google’s own brand YouTube.
Google slipped the news of its updated identity into a blog post.The Google bar now claims to offer a streamlined experience across the brand's products and devices and features a new app launcher under the "grid" icon.
Google said: "As part of this design, we’ve also refined the color palette and letter shapes of the Google logo.
"We'll be rolling out this update across most Google products over the next few weeks, so keep an eye out and let us know your thoughts."
Microsoft’s Bing this week unveiled a visual identity overhaul, swapping its old lettering to use a customised version of Microsoft’s Segoe corporate font as part of plans to reposition the company as more than just a search engine.
Yahoo has ditched its 18-year-old logo with a new-look brand ID, climaxing a month that saw 30 different design possibilities go live each day.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Freelance Account Managers / Senior Account Managers, £NEG Fill Recruitment Ltd Negotiable, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per annum, London
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London