Microsoft reviews global agency roster
Microsoft has called a global review of its roster of agencies, which include Crispin Porter & Bogusky, Wunderman and UM.
Microsoft: microsoft privacy by Wunderman
It is thought agencies that work with Microsoft were notified of the news yesterday.
Microsoft has complex agency arrangements and works with various shops on different parts of its business.
Interpublic Group’s UM runs the bulk of the global media account, while Microsoft works with Starcom MediaVest Group in its largest market, the US.
MDC’s Crispin Porter & Bogusky is one of Microsoft’s lead creative agencies globally, and created the "I’m a PC" ads that ran from 2008. The agency’s UK office launched the Windows Phone in the UK and has worked on Xbox in Europe.
WPP’s Wunderman also has substantial parts of the Microsoft business and works on creative, especially execution. Wunderman UK picked up the EMEA advertising account for Xbox last year.
Publicis Groupe’s Razorfish also works on some global digital business, while in the UK, Microsoft also works with Beattie McGuinness Bungay.
A Microsoft spokeswoman said: "Microsoft doesn’t comment on rumour or speculation."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- Commercial Manager Business Centric Services Group Up to £45,000 per annum + benefits, Old Street
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £70,000 - £75,000 per annum, London