Weve's Nigel Clarkson says: 'Stop, collaborate and listen'
Nigel Clarkson, commercial director of Weve, has channelled the oft overlooked genius of Vanilla Ice ahead of next week's industry Media 360 event, telling leaders it is time to "stop, collaborate and listen".
Noting how quickly the way in which people consume media is changing, Clarkson called the chance for agencies, owners and clients to get together next week, "absolutely priceless".
With more clients attending Media 360 than ever before, Clarkson turned to eighties rap anthem 'Ice Baby' for inspiration. "Vanilla Ice said stop, collaborate and listen...
"The best work almost always comes from where proper partnerships have taken place, where a media owner, and a client and an agency have shared the vision and direction of the business."
Clarkson, who joined Weve, the mobile ad network created by Vodafone, O2 and EE, in September 2013, will be championing the opportunities for brands around mobile at Media 360.
He will take part in a new head to head session involving some of Media Week’s most vocal ambassadors.
He will be joined on stage by Simon Daglish, group commercial director at ITV; Mike Gordon, managing director, commercial at Global Radio; Paul Hayes, managing director of News UK Commercial; Dara Nasr, sales director at Twitter UK; and Martyn Stokes, chief strategy officer at Kinetic.
This year's Media 360 will be chaired by Lindsay Pattison, chief executive of WPP's Maxus, and will be held on 8 and 9 May in east London’s Tobacco Dock.
For more details about Media360 on 8-9 May see Media Week's events page.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...