Television news & analysis
Ebuyer.com, the online electronics retailer, has launched its first major TV sponsorship campaign with Dave, the UKTV Freeview channel, in a £2.8 million deal.
1. Mark Collins Collins remains the industry s most significant media buyer following the collapse of the Publicis/Omnicom merger. The Group M operation that he spearheads still controls at least a third of all the UK s trackable media spend. He st...
An online ad promoting 'The Walking Dead' has been banned by the Advertising Standards Authority for showing graphic violence on a website used by children.
Auto Trader, the marketplace for new and used cars, is launching a £6.5 million TV campaign on Boxing Day, drawing on the different ways people look for their perfect car.
Television content meets a fundamental human need for group and familial bonding like no other media, and advertisers benefit from the strong engagement, according to new research.
Sharon White, the second permanent secretary at HM Treasury, will be the next chief executive of the broadcasting regulator Ofcom, replacing Ed Richards.
'The X Factor' bowed out last night with its lowest audience since 2005, after attracting a five-minute peak of 10.5 million viewers, as Ben Haenow beat the favourite Fleur East to win the competition.
ITV could generate £6 million in ad revenue from The X Factor final this weekend, as Ben Haenow, Andrea Faustini and Fleur East battle it out for the 2014 crown.
FCB Inferno has released its first TV ad for BMW since snatching the account from WCRS earlier this year.
Harvey the dog finds love in his third and final ad for Thinkbox, the commercial TV marketing body.
After rolling out a series of tools to collaborate with agencies better and focusing on its video ad offering, the world's biggest social network became a grown-up advertising medium in 2014.
A video of a dog dressed as a giant spider that tricks passers-by into thinking it is killing people has become the top trending film on YouTube globally.
Tablets, led by Apple's iPad, Samsung's Galaxy and Google's Nexus, are set to overtake laptops as the UK's most popular place to watch television and films after main TV sets, according to research from Thinkbox.
Vice, the global youth media company, has formed a partnership with 20th Century Fox to launch Vice Films, a one-stop-shop for up and coming talent in the movie business.
Sky Media has expanded the way brands can use its AdSmart targeted TV ad platform, including allowing advertisers to plan campaigns by postcode.
ESI Media, home to the London Evening Standard, The Independent and London Live, has promoted head of TV, Kavita Veeramah Collins, to the role of sales director at London Live.
ZenithOptimedia has forecast the UK's measured advertising expenditure increased 5 per cent in 2014, and is set to grow a further 6 per cent in 2015.
Carl Fogarty's victory in the final episode of 'I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here' on ITV was the most watched show of last night and the highest rating of the series.
Simon Poole, group sales director at ESI Media's London Live, is set to join Channel 5 in the new year as trading director.
Gumtree.com, the classifieds website, will be the main sponsor for next year's Celebrity Big Brother on Channel 5.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing & Communications Executive AF Selection Up to £25,000, Derbyshire
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)