Freeview joins Freesat in ad assault
Freeview, the free to air platform, is set to launch a TV ad to promote its 'Entertainment. It's even better when it's free' campaign, during tomorrow night's 'X Factor'.
The new 60-second ad features two tadpoles dancing with their respective clouds. The camera pans out to reveal a young boy wearing goggles to watch the tadpoles perform underwater.
The ad aims to convey the message that entertainment is even better when it is free and is set to The Kinks song ‘You Really Got Me’.
The creative team at Leo Burnett was Ed Morris and Andy Drugan. The spot was directed by Ne-O through Stink with post production by Glassworks. Media planning and buying is being handled by MEC and digital activity is from Grand Union.
Guy North, the marketing communications director at Freeview, said: "With this campaign we want people to engage with the brand by showing just how amazing entertainment that is free can be.
"We hope this will make them think again about Freeview and realise that far from being second best, being free can mean something is even better."
Yesterday, Campaign revealed rival platform Freesat is launching a TV, digital and direct marketing campaign created by Now to promote its subscription-free satellite offering.
The BBC, ITV, Channel 4, BSkyB and Arqiva own Freeview, whereas Freesat is a joint venture from just the BBC and ITV.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Digital & Print Account Manager Ultimate Asset £27000 - £33000 per annum + amazing bonus scheme & benefits, London
- Global CRM Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000, International/Europe
- Assistant Brand Manager Veritas Partnership Ltd £28000 - £35000 Per Annum plus benefits, M3-A3 Corridor
- Marketing Manager, £40K, TECH Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: Great Benefits, Salary dependent on exp, London
- Packaging Artworker Periscope Recruitment LLP £28000.00 - £38000.00 per annum, London