Gravity Road comedy series launches on 4oD
Gravity Road has launched a comedy series that is premiering on 4oD before being transferred to Channel 4.
Fame Daddy: the spoof features in Gravity Road's The Anti-social Network
Created by the content agency's two founders, Mark Boyd and Mark Eaves, ‘The Anti-social Network’ is a satirical look at the wisdom of the crowd. It attempts to create ludicrous hoax stories to see how far up the media chain they go.
Among the spoofs shown is Fame Daddy – the world’s first celebrity sperm bank – which launched in the UK last year and during a 48-hour period appeared on more than 700 global news shows and channels and saw #celebspermclinic became a trending topic across Twitter.
Boyd said: "We always wanted to create our own content, as well as content for brands. As people were eulogising about the wisdom of the crowd, we saw increasing evidence of the opposite – the stupidity of the crowd."
It was created through Gravity Road's production company Studio of Fools. The first episode is available here.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Account Director Major Players £45000 - £55000 per annum, London