Gravity Road comedy series launches on 4oD
Gravity Road has launched a comedy series that is premiering on 4oD before being transferred to Channel 4.
Fame Daddy: the spoof features in Gravity Road's The Anti-social Network
Created by the content agency's two founders, Mark Boyd and Mark Eaves, ‘The Anti-social Network’ is a satirical look at the wisdom of the crowd. It attempts to create ludicrous hoax stories to see how far up the media chain they go.
Among the spoofs shown is Fame Daddy – the world’s first celebrity sperm bank – which launched in the UK last year and during a 48-hour period appeared on more than 700 global news shows and channels and saw #celebspermclinic became a trending topic across Twitter.
Boyd said: "We always wanted to create our own content, as well as content for brands. As people were eulogising about the wisdom of the crowd, we saw increasing evidence of the opposite – the stupidity of the crowd."
It was created through Gravity Road's production company Studio of Fools. The first episode is available here.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London
- PPC Senior Executive - Big Brand - PPC Ultimate Asset £23000 - £28000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Graphic Designer:(Fashion,Retail,Conceptual,Print, Digital) Creative Recruitment £23000 - £30000 per annum, London
- Paid Media Account Manager - Paid Search PPC - Agency Leader Ultimate Asset £28000 - £38000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- PR Senior Account Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £26000 - £33000 per annum, Manchester
- Biddable Paid Social Manager - Paid Media - FMCG Client Ultimate Asset £30000 - £40000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London