Rustlers ad campaign stars 'hunger monkey'
Kepak, the convenience food company, is introducing a "hunger monkey" character in an ad campaign for its pre-prepared Rustlers burger.
The new ad, created by BJL, features a hungry man called Simon. Simon considers a range of different things to eat, but none of them will placate the hunger monkey, until he comes across a Rustlers burger.
In a campaign planned and bought by MediaCom, 20- and 30-second versions of the film ad will run on TV and video-on-demand channels from today. The creative director at BJL was Tom Richards.
A targeted Twitter campaign will include Vine videos promoted during times of the day when people are likely to be talking about snacking.
A video competition on Facebook will offer prizes, including free burgers and the chance to meet the hunger monkey, to people who can answer questions about the videos they have just watched.
Annette Heyes, a senior brand manager at Kepak, said: "Shifting from focusing primarily on Rustlers’ convenience benefits to incorporating the products’ ability to really satisfy hunger required an effective method of combining the two ideas, which we feel the creation of the hunger monkey has done in a fun and highly effective way."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager - Inbound Tourism - Dubai Based MCG Associates Tax Free Competitive Package, Dubai, UAE
- Senior Account Manager - Saudi Arabia - PR MCG Associates Tax Free Package, Riyadh. KSA
- Digital Advertising Manager - High End Lifestyle Ultimate Asset £43000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- Media Exec - Leading Media Agency - Mobile Sector Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Biddable Paid Social Senior Executive - Top 10 Agency Ultimate Asset £25000 - £30000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account handler ready for an immediate start? Freelance, Contract or Temp to Perm? Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london