Rustlers ad campaign stars 'hunger monkey'
Kepak, the convenience food company, is introducing a "hunger monkey" character in an ad campaign for its pre-prepared Rustlers burger.
The new ad, created by BJL, features a hungry man called Simon. Simon considers a range of different things to eat, but none of them will placate the hunger monkey, until he comes across a Rustlers burger.
In a campaign planned and bought by MediaCom, 20- and 30-second versions of the film ad will run on TV and video-on-demand channels from today. The creative director at BJL was Tom Richards.
A targeted Twitter campaign will include Vine videos promoted during times of the day when people are likely to be talking about snacking.
A video competition on Facebook will offer prizes, including free burgers and the chance to meet the hunger monkey, to people who can answer questions about the videos they have just watched.
Annette Heyes, a senior brand manager at Kepak, said: "Shifting from focusing primarily on Rustlers’ convenience benefits to incorporating the products’ ability to really satisfy hunger required an effective method of combining the two ideas, which we feel the creation of the hunger monkey has done in a fun and highly effective way."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- MARKETING MANAGER - Fashion Success Digital negotiable, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Optimisation Manager / Ad & Campaign Operations Manager UCAS Up to £50,000 plus 30-days annual leave, bonus, flexible benefits & pension, London (Central), London (Greater) / Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing - SyFy NBC Universal Competitive, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)