Three hopes for viral smash with follow up to 2013's 'the pony'
Three has released a campaign featuring a young girl singing Starship's 'We Built This City' as a follow-up to 2013's viral smash, "the pony".
The TV spot debuts today and features a young girl miming to the song as she cycles around a cul-de-sac with a CGI cat in her bike basket.
As part of the campaign, Three has also created a website that lets users create a personalised version of the ad using their own photos.
Wieden & Kennedy created the campaign, called "sing it kitty". The work was written by Chris Lapham, art directed by Aaron McGurk and directed by Traktor through Partizan.
The campaign aims to recreate the formula that proved so successful with 2013’s "the pony" spot, which featured a CGI pony dancing to Fleetwood Mac’s ‘Everywhere’ and received millions of hits on YouTube.
Tom Malleschitz, the marketing director of Three, said: "Last year we were blown away with the runaway success of our moonwalking pony, Socks. As the network built for the internet, we understand people’s behaviour online and know that cute, silly, or unexpected images and videos are what make people tick.
"We are very excited to launch this ad and hope it will simply bring a smile to your face when you watch it. And the app is an experience that you automatically want to share with friends and family, because it’s just straightforward fun."
Chris Lapham and Aaron McGurk, creatives at Wieden & Kennedy London, said: "Following on from ‘the pony’ was a daunting challenge, but we’ve enjoyed the ride. Every whisker-twitching, pedal-pumping, sprinkler-drenching minute of it."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Business Development Manager Pure360 £20,000 - £25,000 depending on experience. £45k OTE uncapped, Brighton
- Comms Planning Manager PFJ £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London