Joe Pytka to collect Lion of St Mark at Cannes
Joe Pytka, the director, is to become the fourth recipient of the Lion of St Mark award at the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity in June.
Gatorade: 'pump up the G' directed by Joe Pytka for TBWA\Chiat\Day Los Angeles
The director follows Sir John Hegarty, Dan Wieden and Lee Clow in receiving the award, which is given for a lifetime of services to creativity in communications, and is modelled on the lion statue in St Mark’s Square, Venice, where the first festival was held in 1954.
Pytka is director at the production company bearing his own name. He has made ads for Pepsi, Nike, IBM and General Electric, among others, and is also known for his work with celebrities including Madonna and Tiger Woods.
Terry Savage, the chairman of the Lions festival, said: "Director of some of the best and most well-known TV commercials, Joe Pytka’s prolific and accomplished work has had an enormous influence on TV advertising.
"Producing numerous award-winning ads for many global brands, his creations have inspired and awed peers and audiences alike. It is with great honour and respect that we present Joe with the Lion of St Mark for his outstanding contribution to the industry."
In addition to making ads, Pytka directed the film 'Space Jam', as well as music videos for artists including The Beatles and Michael Jackson.
He will receive his award at the 61st Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity on 21 June.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Operations Manager Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £55,000 + Bonus, North London
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)