Strongbow TV campaign focuses on provenance
Strongbow's latest TV spot ditches its usual "earn it" strap line and instead focuses on the cider's provenance.
The new spot for the Heineken-owned brand is called "bittersweet" and was created by St Luke’s. It debuts on ITV on Friday 4 July during Brazil's 2014 Fifa World Cup match against Columbia.
The 40-second ad uses time-lapse photography and a split-screen to make the point that farmers work year-round, in the pouring rain and blistering sunshine, to grow the apples used to make Strongbow.
The soundtrack to the ad is Keep In The Dark by The Temples.
The work was created by Mick Brigdale and directed by Steve Cope through Rattling Stick. The media agency was Starcom MediaVest Group.
St Luke’s has handled Strongbow’s TV advertising since 2005, when it won a competitive pitch against M&C Saatchi, TBWA\London, WCRS and Farm. Before that, Leo Burnett held the account.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Online Trading Manager Premier Consultants c.£45k plus bonus , Central London
- Account Director - Integrated / [CARS] - Global Agency - to £55k pending experience Fill Recruitment to £55k plus superb benefits, London (Greater)