Iceland appoints Karmarama after public rejection
Iceland has handed Karmarama its £16 million advertising business less than a year after the supermarket rejected the agency in a TV documentary.
Iceland: appoints Karmarama to its advertising business
In November 2013, Karmarama appeared in a BBC2 documentary about Iceland and lost an advertising pitch to The Tom Reddy Agency, which had been responsible for the supermarket’s previous ads featuring reality TV personality Kerry Katona.
But after the on-air rejection, Karmarama began working with Iceland on a project basis, and has now been handed the retailer’s TV advertising account. The agency is developing a campaign platform to launch in the autumn.
Nick Canning, the customer executive director at Iceland, said: "We’re excited that Karmarama have developed a new strategic and creative platform that will entertain and engage both our current and potential new customers as well as working hard to drive sales."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Digital Media Manager Save the Children £37,000 + Benefits, London (Greater)
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)