Iceland appoints Karmarama after public rejection
Iceland has handed Karmarama its £16 million advertising business less than a year after the supermarket rejected the agency in a TV documentary.
Iceland: appoints Karmarama to its advertising business
In November 2013, Karmarama appeared in a BBC2 documentary about Iceland and lost an advertising pitch to The Tom Reddy Agency, which had been responsible for the supermarket’s previous ads featuring reality TV personality Kerry Katona.
But after the on-air rejection, Karmarama began working with Iceland on a project basis, and has now been handed the retailer’s TV advertising account. The agency is developing a campaign platform to launch in the autumn.
Nick Canning, the customer executive director at Iceland, said: "We’re excited that Karmarama have developed a new strategic and creative platform that will entertain and engage both our current and potential new customers as well as working hard to drive sales."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London