Watch: Lidl's first UK TV brand campaign
Lidl masquerades as a humble East London market stall its first TV brand campaign.
The TV spot, which airs on TV on 4 September, was created by TBWA\London and is part of a £20 million campaign called "#LidlSurprises".
The ad opens in an East London market place where people are trying produce at an unmarked stall. After being sold on the goods' quality, the customers express shock at the low prices and only discover they are Lidl products when the vendor hands over the bag with the supermarket's logo on it.
This is the first TV ad that Lidl has made that doesn’t contain information about a specific product or price deal. TBWA\London has handled Lidl’s £21 million creative account since 2013.
The work was written by Tom Gong, art directed by Dan Kenny and directed by Finn McGough through Rogue Films.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of New Media Department for Work and Pensions Salary £60,030 to £72,880., Westminster
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)