Airbnb to create short film made up entirely of fans' Vines
Accommodation marketplace Airbnb.com is using Twitter to create a short film made up entirely of Vine videos shot by its followers.
Airbnb: runs Vine campaign
The 'Hollywood & Vines' film will be featured on the Sundance Channel as Airbnb seeks to use its global fan base to "create a story of travel adventure and finding your place in the world".
Airbnb is using its Twitter account to tweet out shot instructions between now and 27 August and asking people to tweet out their Vine shots using an #AirbnbHV hashtag along with a hashtag of the shot number.
People who have their Vines selected as one of the scenes will receive a $100 Airbnb coupon.
Airbnb claims winners will be based on three judging criteria with 40% of the decision based on originality and creativity, 20% on Vine quality and clarity and 40% on compliance with the director’s instructions.
The co-creation element of the film fits into the brand’s business model of building a "sharing economy".
Airbnb allows the peer-to-peer sharing of accommodation and has around 340,000 active properties worldwide.
This summer Joe Gebbia, co-founder of Airbnb, talked to Marketing about how brands can capitalise on the shift to collaborative consumption here.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £38,000 - £40,000, Central London
- Senior Analyst -Digital Direct Recruitment £50,000 - £60,000, Surrey
- Senior Data Analyst Direct Recruitment £40,000 - £45,000, London
- Digital and RM Data Performance Manager Direct Recruitment £55,000 - £60,000, West London