Thomas Cook calls CRM pitch as it focuses on digital model
Thomas Cook is holding a CRM review as part of a wider overhaul of its marketing.
Thomas Cook: also running a review for its creative account
Briefs have been sent out to agencies and pitches are planned for next week. There is no formal incumbent on the account.
The review is likely to cover online CRM after Thomas Cook’s marketing and e-commerce director, Mike Hoban, recently revealed that the business was moving to a more digitally focused model with an "always-on" strategy.
A Thomas Cook spokesman said: "Unfortunately, we can’t comment on rumours or speculation, and have nothing to say at this time."
Thomas Cook returned to TV advertising in June with a campaign that was fronted by the actor James Nesbitt, and included CRM and direct marketing elements.
In October, the company dropped its long-running "Don’t book it, Thomas Cook it" slogan, replacing it with "Let’s go" and a heart-shaped logo. Carat Manchester handles Thomas Cook’s £12 million above-the-line media account, which moved from Arena in March. Carat Manchester also runs the £15 million digital media business.
A review for Thomas Cook’s creative account kicked off in March. The incumbent is Havas Worldwide London.
Havas Worldwide created the summer campaign, but Thomas Cook has not confirmed which agency will handle activity for the key Christmas period, which is also likely to feature Nesbitt.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Regional Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Regional Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London