Flybe kicks off pitch for £7m creative account
Flybe, the budget airline, has called a review of its estimated £7 million ad account.
The company has approached agencies directly to invite them to pitch for the business. The process is led by Flybe's general manager of marketing and franchises, Simon Lilley.
The account is currently handled by the leisure and travel specialist agency Souk Advertising.
It is understood that the airline is looking to expand into national TV advertising - traditionally, it has focused on regional press and the sponsorship of local ITV weather forecasts.
Flybe launched a review of its advertising arrangements in February, but this was later aborted. In May, it undertook a £9 million marketing repositioning to distance itself from other low-cost airlines.
The campaign, created by Souk, introduced the strap-line "Making flying better" and encompassed TV, press, outdoor, radio and digital activity.
It subsequently launched a TV spot called "preparation" that showed a man in an airport departure lounge preparing himself to fight for a seat on an airline, poking fun at its rivals easyJet and Ryanair. The ad was targeted at business travellers, which account for about 45 per cent of Flybe's customer base.
Flybe declined to comment on the review.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SHOPPER MARKETING ACCOUNT HANDLERS - London agencies - £38k-55k (perm & freelance) Judi Patton £28-£55k- plus bonus and benefits, London
- head of new business > #1 DIGITAL & CONTENT AGENCY collectivo £60k-£80k plus agency bens, Central London
- Account Director Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - [Retail / Digital] - Superb agency! £35k - £39k Fill Recruitment Ltd £35k - £39k + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager - FMCG - London or Home counties Stonor £45,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience , London, Essex, Bucks or Oxon
- Creative Director The Marketing Practice Up to £120k dependant on experience , East Hendred, near to Didcot in Oxfordshire