Booking.com 'empowers' solo female travellers with TV ad
Booking.com, the travel accommodation website, has launched a global TV ad that features a woman enjoying spending a holiday alone without her partner, Brian.
In the 30-second film, called "booking brianless", the unnamed woman enjoys eating oysters and riding a horse along the beach, while the voiceover tells viewers that while she loves her partner, he has different tastes to her.
The voiceover from British comedian Peter Serafinowicz – who appeared in ‘Spaced’ and 'Alan Partridge' and voiced Darth Maul in 'Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace – says: "Brian's awesome. But Brian doesn't like seafood, or even like the sea for that matter – especially if there's a horse involved."
The ad follows research from Booking.com that found that 65 per cent of women questioned said they feel more confident when taking a trip by themselves, as opposed to with a partner.
Booking.com claims that these women's confidence in travelling solo could be connected to using a trusted method to book holiday accommodation.
The ad was created by Wieden & Kennedy Amsterdam and is a follow-up to other humorous ads such as its first UK brand campaign, "booking epic", which was released in February.
The art director at W&K Amsterdam was Kia Heinnen and the copywriter was Zoe Hawkins. It was directed through Traktor.
"Booking brianless" is currently appearing on TV in the UK and US, and will air in Australia and Canada in May. It had received more than 3,000 views on Booking.com’s YouTube channel at the time of publication.
Paul Hennessy, the chief marketing officer at Booking.com, said: "Our research suggests that female solo travel is a phenomenon that is here to stay.
"The Booking.com platform is committed to empower all travellers, no matter whether you’re going it alone or with friends, with the ability to book with confidence anywhere in the world, thanks to our destination finder and 27 million reviews."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Senior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)