Virgin Atlantic: down to four agencies
Virgin Atlantic has dropped four of the eight agencies that it had originally invited to pitch for its £85 million advertising account, much like an aircraft jettisons a block of ice from its chemical toilet. Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, Adam & Eve/DDB and The Brooklyn Brothers will meet the incumbent, Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R, in one of the biggest and most keenly contested pitches of the year so far. The process is being handled by Creativebrief.
Camelot’s £40 million media review to consolidate its media planning and buying and digital strategy businesses continues to move apace. It has been confirmed that Havas Media (formerly MPG Media Contacts and Media-polis), which has had a relationship with the client for 18 years, is no longer in the process. Mindshare and Vizeum are left to battle it out against the other incumbent, OMD, with Starcom MediaVest Group also having been knocked off the list.
Havas Media looked after the digital and data account, and OMD handled traditional media buying. The review is being managed by Oystercatchers and comes as Sally Cowdry, the marketing and consumer director at Camelot, seeks to consolidate the businesses into one agency.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Retail - London/Greater London - Salary depending on experience Judi Patton depending on experience, Hertfordshire / London (Greater) / London (North), London (Greater) / London (South), London (Gre...
- Account Manager : CRM/DM/Digital : Integrated agency : Central London Dylan Circa £30k, London (Central), London (Greater)