Virgin Atlantic: down to four agencies
Virgin Atlantic has dropped four of the eight agencies that it had originally invited to pitch for its £85 million advertising account, much like an aircraft jettisons a block of ice from its chemical toilet. Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, Adam & Eve/DDB and The Brooklyn Brothers will meet the incumbent, Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R, in one of the biggest and most keenly contested pitches of the year so far. The process is being handled by Creativebrief.
Camelot’s £40 million media review to consolidate its media planning and buying and digital strategy businesses continues to move apace. It has been confirmed that Havas Media (formerly MPG Media Contacts and Media-polis), which has had a relationship with the client for 18 years, is no longer in the process. Mindshare and Vizeum are left to battle it out against the other incumbent, OMD, with Starcom MediaVest Group also having been knocked off the list.
Havas Media looked after the digital and data account, and OMD handled traditional media buying. The review is being managed by Oystercatchers and comes as Sally Cowdry, the marketing and consumer director at Camelot, seeks to consolidate the businesses into one agency.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London