Video games & console marketing
Currys PC World, Asda, Very, Littlewoods, Boots, BT and Argos have all launched Black Friday ads today.
It wasn't so long ago that James Connelly was cold-calling potential clients from the directory. Now he is celebrating the big-money sale of his business, Fetch, to Dentsu Aegis Network. Arif Durrani reports
The latest Rajar results show the UK radio industry to be in great shape and should serve as a great wake-up call to advertisers, says Simon Kilby, head of marketplace at Bauer Media.
Google's YouTube is in the early stages of developing an advertising-free subscription service for online video, according to chief executive Susan Wojcicki.
Facebook advertising revenues hit $3.2bn (£1.98bn) in Q3, with profits up 90% year on year to $806m but admitted that its expenses would rocket as much as 75% in 2015.
A new generation of gamers is sharing and viewing content in ways that have caught the attention of media owners. But can they harness these trends to grow their businesses? Jason Kingsley OBE, chief executive of games maker Rebellion shares his thou...
Nigel Walley thinks there is room for ads in pay-TV set-top boxes, while TV VoD should be sold separately in ad deals.
Imagine launching a media network in the UK using only images, and with no indication about how much it costs to advertise or how many people you can reach. Welcome to the age of Instagram. The international roll-out of an ad service on Facebook s ...
Konami, the game developer behind Metal Gear Solid, has appointed M&C Saatchi to handle the £30 million global launch of the fifth edition in the franchise.
Protect Your Bubble, the insurer that specialises in gadgets, is pitching for a creative agency in the UK.
Brands should be creating virtual-reality ready content to enhance user experience, according to Solomon Rogers, the creative director at the immersive animation specialists Rewind FX.
Johnnie Walker's film starring Jude Law has already made it into this week's Campaign Viral Chart, despite only launching two days ago.
This year's Media Week Awards have attracted a record number of 563 entries from the UK's most innovative media companies.
Hear what EC1 has to say...
At JCDecaux's technology breakfast yesterday, the company announced its new digital media location Old Street EC1, on Old Street's silicon roundabout in the heart of London's tech city.
Yesterday saw the launch of JCDecaux's tech hub, a one-stop online location for all the latest news, events and information on London's tech capital.
Future, the publisher of Total Film and T3, is mulling the closure of six websites as part of sweeping changes to its business model.
Rockstar Games, the owner of titles including Grand Theft Auto, has kicked off a review of its £5 million UK media planning and buying arrangements.
Game Group, the video games retailer, has appointed 101 to handle its advertising across Europe.
Sony Computer Entertainment has appointed Work Club to handle European advertising for PlayStation's online subscription service.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £70,000 - £75,000 per annum, London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/GROUP ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - shopper marketing agency - London Judi Patton £50-65k dependent on experience plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)