Record entries for Media Week Awards 2014: meet the judges
This year's Media Week Awards have attracted a record number of 563 entries from the UK's most innovative media companies.
More than 100 companies entered this year's Media Week Awards – including 27 that are taking part for the first time – competing alongside stalwarts such as Carat, Channel 4, JCDecaux and Mindshare. Included among the new companies submitting entries in 2014 are Affectv, Buzzfeed and VivaKi.
The huge interest in this year’s industry awards confirms the dynamism taking place in the market. Developments in technology, evolving traditional media companies and the birth of new digital operations have all served to make the UK's media landscape among the most vibrant in the world.
The co-chairs of this year's awards are Claudine Collins, managing director of MediaCom, and Bruce Daisley, managing director of Twitter UK.
Together they will lead an industry contingent of more than 100 leaders to reward media's best in class in 2014. [View all the industry leaders involved in this year’s Media Week Awards judging here http://www.mediaweekawards.co.uk/judges].
Collins said: "I am so delighted by the record number of entries for the Media Week Awards. For a brand that turns 30 years old next year, not only does it show the high levels of innovation and great work in the marketplace, but is a testament to the strength of the awards themselves, and the value the industry places upon them."
Categories in this year's awards will again reward the best media idea, the best media launch, the best use of creativity in the media and outstanding industry innovation.
A new category this year includes Best Use of Data for Audience Buying, open to both media owners (internal trading desks) and agencies, in recognition of the growing role programmatic buying is playing in the business.
The ceremony will again culminate in naming the media industry's Sales Team of the Year and Agency of the Year.
The Media Week Awards 2014 will be held on 23 October at the Grosvenor House. To book tables on the night visit http://www.mediaweekawards.co.uk/awards-night
*Pictures from last year's Media Week Awards
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Regional Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Regional Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London