Royal British Legion to revamp communications programme
The Royal British Legion, the charity behind the annual Poppy Appeal, is relaunching its bi-monthly print magazine and developing more digital content to raise awareness of its lesser-known work and services.
The Royal British Legion: Poppy Appeal work
The charity, which provides financial and social support to members of the armed forces, has appointed customer publishing agency John Brown to handle the task.
It wants to showcase its lesser-known work and raise awareness that it spends over £50m a year on a whole range of services and investments, including rehabilitation services and provision for servicemen and their families.
The membership magazine will be made "more accessible and modern" when it is relaunched from the May edition.
Additional content will also be produced in digital form and will be featured in a range of media aimed at a wider audience including supporters and the public.
John Brown will also handle ad sales for the magazine and bring in new brand partners and revenue streams.
Bob Gamble OBE, head of membership at The Royal British Legion, said: "Now is the right time to move forward and we firmly believe the new work will act as a real catalyst in helping to change perceptions, and build even greater knowledge and support for the work we do."
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Designer/Illustrator/Children's Designer Premier Media plus excellent benefits, Central London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...