'100% Original' Ugg ad banned
The advertising watchdog has banned a Facebook ad from uggbootsstore-uk.com that claimed to offer "100% Original" Uggs but failed to provide evidence that it was offering genuine products.
Ugg: the genuine article
The ad included a picture of a boot and the following text: "Our UK Exclusive Sale … uggbootsstore-uk.com … Huge sale – save 40 – 80% 100% Original. Made in Australia."
The ad attracted one complaint that challenged whether it was misleading because it implied genuine Ugg boots were for sale.
Uggbootsstore-uk.com did not respond to the Advertising Standards Authority's enquiries.
The ASA decided the "100% Original" claim, in conjunction with the image of an Ugg boot, was misleading as the body had not seen any evidence that genuine products were for sale. It banned the ad from appearing again in its current form.
Uggbootsstore-uk.com had not responded to requests for comment in time for publication. The site is not on Ugg's list of authorised online retailers.
Facebook operates a system where users can report concerns about an ad by clicking a cross positioned in the top right corner.
Follow Daniel Farey-Jones on Twitter @danfareyjones
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...