Direct marketing charity fund invites grant applications
Funding for research and skills development related to direct marketing is being offered by a new industry charity that has been initially funded by the Direct Marketing Association (DMA).
Rosemary Smith: chairs the DM Foundation charity
The DM Foundation is chaired by Rosemary Smith, a former DMA chair, and has been launched with the intention of helping both organisations and individuals.
It is aiming to give away a sum in the region of £100,000 each year and has invited applications for its first round of grants, by 8 May.
Particular attention will be paid to applications to fund research that provides wide-reaching insight into direct marketing trends and issues, and to support training and education courses or work placements that advance the skills of individuals working in the industry.
Applications for grants of more than £10,000 will require matching funding.
According to current chair Scott Logie, the DMA has donated start-up funds to the charity, "because it complements our mission to drive industry growth by providing companies with the tools they need to do better business".
Various fundraising initiatives will boost the charity’s coffers in future.
Smith said: "The DM Foundation will help those people and organisations that stand to make great long-term contributions to the direct marketing industry, but have found it impossible to source financing for their projects from the market.
"Whether you’re looking to cover tuition fees for vocational courses to climb up the marketing career ladder, or want to fund important research that will help drive industry growth, we want to hear from you."
Follow Daniel Farey-Jones on Twitter @danfareyjones
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...