Manning Gottlieb OMD lands Prostate Cancer UK business
Prostate Cancer UK has appointed Manning Gottlieb OMD to handle its £1.5m media planning and buying account after a competitive pitch.
Prostate Cancer UK: hires Manning Gottlieb OMD for its media business
As reported two weeks ago, the pitch was conducted by the AAR and contested by incumbent MI Media, which partnered with Arena Media, and the7Stars.
Seamus O'Farrell, director of communications at Prostate Cancer UK, said: "Prostate cancer needs to become a highly salient issue, quickly and Prostate Cancer UK must raise revenues dramatically.
"Creative media planning and investment is critical. We need to make every £1 invested seem like £4. Manning Gottlieb has developed some remarkable thinking to deliver this."
MG OMD, part of the Omnicom Media Group, will help the charity to boost awareness of prostate cancer as an issue and raise funds to further its research goals which include developing a robust screening test.
Prostate Cancer UK plans to move beyond its traditional direct response activity, and will work in partnership with MG OMD to "develop its communications strategy and deliver fully integrated plans across multiple channels for the first time".
Robert Ffitch, managing director at MG OMD, said: "Prostate Cancer kills 10,000 men a year. The same tragic scale as breast cancer, and yet awareness of the problem and support to find cures and help is a fraction compared to other terrible diseases in the UK."Follow @nickbatten2
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Amnesty International Secretariat £52,464, WC1X 0DW
- Head of Editorial Compliance Telegraph Media Group Competitive + excellent benefits, London
- board director > DIRECT RESPONSE EVANGELIST collectivo to £90k + bens, LONDON
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Content Manager / Content Lead - Creative Sought - Swindon ASG Negotiable, Swindon
- Sales & Marketing Manager Stopgap £45000 - £60000 per annum + pro rata, South East England