Ofcom opens another X Factor investigation
ITV's 'X Factor' is being investigated by broadcasting regulator Ofcom over claims that the first live show of the current series gave undue prominence to the Corinthia Hotel.
The X Factor judges: Louis Walsh, Tulisa Contostavlos, Nicole Scherzinger and Gary Barlow
The investigation is looking into segments of the first live episode of 'The X Factor' on 6 October and will consider whether the shots of the entrance to the Corinthia Hotel gave the luxury hotel undue prominence.
Before each of the contestants sang live for the first time, ITV aired short videos about each of the contenders and a shot of the outside of the hotel, which featured its logo, was used to introduce their new home to the viewers.
This is the first year the contestants have lived in a hotel rather than being put up in a house together.
The Corinthia Hotel has not paid to be featured in the show.
Ofcom is already investigating whether two auditions, one of an impersonation of Britney Spears and another a rendition of a Lady Gaga song, breached the Broadcasting Code.
An ITV spokeswoman said: "As in previous series where the contestants have been filmed living in a house, shots of the Corinthia were used where appropriate to the editorial content."Follow @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Copywriter fishtank 25k to 40k per year GBP, Marlow, Buckinghamshire
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Head of Marketing fishtank 45k to 60k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...