John Lewis to mount 'buy British' push
John Lewis will mark all products sourced in Britain with a Union flag as part of a "buy British" push.
John Lewis: 'always a woman' campaign
The stamp will feature on all products made by the retailer's 130 British manufacturers, including Herbert Parkinson, a Lancashire-based textile company owned by the John Lewis Partnership.
John Lewis is undertaking the initiative because it believes businesses could be doing more to support British manufacturers.
The new John Lewis & Co menswear label includes clothes manufactured in Britain, while some 90% of John Lewis’ own-brand carpets are made in Britain.
John Lewis is currently running its biggest marketing push to date in the run-up to Christmas in order to promote its Never Knowingly Undersold positioning.
The retailer increased its marketing spend in the months leading up to Christmas by 38% year-on-year to £23m.
However, its continued commitment in the Never Knowingly Undersold pledge has resulted in profits falling by 54.5% in the first six months of 2011.
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanuk
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Operations Manager Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £55,000 + Bonus, North London
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)