Marmite aims to spread love with Facebook e-cards
Marmite, the Unilever-owned yeast spread brand, has teamed up with artist Pete Fowler to create a series of e-cards for Facebook users to send to their loved ones on Valentine's Day.
Marmite's Valentine's e-cards
Available from today, the e-cards come with three different messages about love.
Visitors to the Marmite fan page who ‘like’ the brand will be able to send one of the e-cards to contacts within their network on Valentine's Day.
The campaign was devised by Splendid Communications.
Marmite, famous for its ‘you either love it or you hate it’ positioning, has more than 770,000 fans on its brand page.
It is already very active with the community, posting Marmite recipes, videos and naming fans of the month.
Nicky Waymark, marketing manager at Unilever, said: "Our fans are crazy about Marmite so we are always looking for new ways to engage them."
"Hopefully everyone will join in spreading the love and share the cards with their family and friends," he said.
Earlier this week, Unilever announced that it has shifted away from using social media simply for fan acquisition and was to focus more on social CRM programmes that trigger advocacy through word of mouth.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Communications Co-ordinator Stopgap £26000 - £29000 per annum, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...