Dancing celebrities promote Fairtrade Fortnight with digital campaign
The Fairtrade Foundation is shifting to a digital focus to promote this year's Fairtrade Fortnight, and is running a series of light-hearted YouTube films featuring celebrities.
Alistair McGowan: joins the Fairtrade Steppers
Fairtrade Fortnight runs from today (February 27) until March 11 and promises to be "the biggest online Fairtrade event ever".
The short web-based films feature 12 celebrities, including comedian Alistair McGowan, former Blue singer Simon Webbe, and 'Apprentice' star Kate Walsh.
The clips capture the celebrities – known as the Fairtrade Steppers – in various everyday scenarios.
Each time they see a Fairtrade mark they are spontaneously whipped in into an infectious "dance-frenzy", which soon spreads to everyone else nearby.
John Tashiro, marketing director at The Fairtrade Foundation, said: "Fairtrade Fortnight 2012 will be the biggest online Fairtrade event ever.
"We haven't forgotten traditional media routes, but the grassroots movement of Fairtrade supporters and campaigners in the UK are increasingly connected through online tools and communications."
The digital strategy is targeted at a wider mainstream consumer audience than before, and the organisation is looking to create an online buzz to encourage the sharing of the campaign across digital channels.
The 12 celebrities appearing in the campaign are: Alistair McGowan; Jessica Hynes; Simon Webbe; Fancesca "Cheska" Hull; Kate Walsh; Natalie Pinkham; Di Dougherty; Darren Bennett; Lilia Kopylova; Will Clarke; Louisa Lytton; and Tommy Holgate.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Digital Marketing and E-Commerce Manager Better Placed Recruitment £30,000 TO £40,000, Macclesfield
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...