McCain's to give away £100,000 in 'Lucky Spuds' promotion
McCain's, the frozen food brand, is launching its biggest on-pack promotion to encourage consumers to play a digital game called 'Lucky Spuds', which offers a grand prize of £100,000.
McCain: launches 'lucky spud' activity
The promotion has been developed by Blue Chip Marketing. It launches on Monday 19 March and runs for 84 days across the brand's Home Chips, Oven Chips, Rustic Chips, Hash Browns and Roast Potatoes ranges.
The 'Lucky Spuds' game and accompanying digital campaign was created by CMW and executed through Facebook. It has been designed to encourage users to share the game with friends and drive repeat attempts.
A promotional code on McCain's packs will allow consumers to log onto the Lucky Spuds game on Facebook. The game features a potato field that consumers must explore to find the "lucky spuds".
McCain’s is giving away £1,000 each day to the player with the fastest time. The fastest score during the 84-day period will win the £100,000 grand prize.
The activity acts as an extension of the brand proposition created in McCain's "chip perfection" TV campaign, launched in October last year.
Rachael Smith, senior brand communications manager at McCain Foods, said: "We are confident that Lucky Spuds will deliver cut-through in the freezer aisle and drive incremental sales."
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - Integrated Shoreditch Agency - Financial Services - £30-38k Judi Patton £30k-38k, Shoreditch, London
- Head of Inbound (SEO and Content) dmpeople Between £60,000 and £80,000 plus bonus and benefits, London
- Regional Shopper & Market Insights Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, Asia
- International Trade Planning Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 per annum, London