Co-operative launches Diamond Jubilee party fund
The Co-operative Food is to give away £100 vouchers to finance 100 Queen's Diamond Jubilee street parties.
The Co-operative: offers to help fund Diamond Jubilee street parties
People holding street parties over the Queen's Diamond Jubilee long weekend from 2-5 June, can win £100 worth of Co-operative vouchers to put towards the food, alongside a party pack including bunting, paper cups and plates, and Union Jacks.
Rival retailer Sainsbury's has heavily invested in marketing activity around the Queen's Diamond Jubilee, through a sponsorship of the river pageant and the hosting of a festival in Hyde Park.
Meanwhile, Marks & Spencer (M&S) is subtly trying to associate itself with the Jubilee with a star-studded summer campaign.
Party organisers can apply for the Co-operative party fund by explaining why their community has decided to host a street party, on the retailer's Diamond Jubilee microsite.
The most touching and community focused entries will be handed the funds, while the competition will run until 30 April.
The Co-operative is marking the Diamond Jubilee with a range of new products, including a teddy bear gingerbread biscuit sporting a Union Jack T-shirt, and limited-edition doughnuts decorated with red, white and blue sprinkles.
The retailer will also be introducing two limited-edition, premium own-brand British beers, named 'Jubilation' and 'Salutation', which will be in store from 2 May.
Helen Nunn, head of marketing for The Co-operative Food, said: "They are great neighbourhood occasions and, as a retailer at the heart of the communities in which we trade, we're getting behind the Jubilee celebrations at a local level, with a helping hand to make people's street parties extra special and memorable."
Follow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...