Costa strikes partnership with Kraft
Costa Coffee has struck a partnership with Kraft that involves the coffee chain selling capsules of its latte, cappuccino and Americano varieties in supermarkets.
Costa: partnering with Kraft to launch coffee varieties in supermarkets
The capsules are designed to be used with Kraft's Tassimo coffee-making machines.
Rival Starbucks previously had a global, commercial relationship with Kraft, which distributed Starbucks' packaged coffee. However, the deal ended in acrimony in 2010.
The Costa Coffee capsules (also known as discs) will be sold in latte, cappuccino and Americano varieties and are expected to be available in supermarkets by the end of the year.
It is unclear how much the discs will be priced at.
Heading up the partnership are Jim Slater, managing director of Costa Coffee's innovation unit, and Peter Seymour, marketing director of Kraft-owned Kenco.
Kraft's Tassimo system is sold by retailers including electronic stories.
Currently, Kraft-owned products such as Kenco and Carte Noire are sold as capsules.
Costa is to sell its coffee in supermarkets in a bid to take on rival Starbucks in retailer aisles.
Follow John Reynolds on Twitter @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...