Hovis launches British Farmers Loaf with £3.5m marketing push
Premier Foods brand Hovis is investing £3.5m in an integrated marketing campaign to back a new premium product called British Farmers Loaf.
The £1.40 loaf, which comes in wholemeal and white variants, is made from 100% British wheat and is Hovis’ biggest launch of the year.
The campaign, created by Dare, starts this weekend with a TV ad showing a father and son overcoming the daily challenges of working on a farm and portraying the hard work that goes into making each loaf.
The ad will run on TV for the next four weeks, with a second burst in August. It will be supported by radio, digital and PR activity.
As part of the activity, Hovis is sponsoring British Sandwich Week next week. During the week, it will be running an ‘Ultimate British Sandwich’ campaign, fronted by celebrity Jodie Kidd.
Starcom handled the media for the campaign, booking the TV into tomorrow's 'Britain's Got Talent' final.
At the start of this year, Premier Foods announced it was committed to doubling its annual marketing spend across its eight key brands, which include Hovis, while at the same time cutting costs and disposing of non-core businesses.
More recently, the food company reduced its consumer marketing spend by 19% last year to £25.6m.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Middleweight Designer Major Players £30000 - £35000 per annum + Pension & Life Cover, City of London
- Senior Brand Executive Ninesharp £120 - £130 per day, Bournemouth
- Senior Designer Major Players £35000 - £45000 per annum, City of London