Hovis launches British Farmers Loaf with £3.5m marketing push
Premier Foods brand Hovis is investing £3.5m in an integrated marketing campaign to back a new premium product called British Farmers Loaf.
The £1.40 loaf, which comes in wholemeal and white variants, is made from 100% British wheat and is Hovis’ biggest launch of the year.
The campaign, created by Dare, starts this weekend with a TV ad showing a father and son overcoming the daily challenges of working on a farm and portraying the hard work that goes into making each loaf.
The ad will run on TV for the next four weeks, with a second burst in August. It will be supported by radio, digital and PR activity.
As part of the activity, Hovis is sponsoring British Sandwich Week next week. During the week, it will be running an ‘Ultimate British Sandwich’ campaign, fronted by celebrity Jodie Kidd.
Starcom handled the media for the campaign, booking the TV into tomorrow's 'Britain's Got Talent' final.
At the start of this year, Premier Foods announced it was committed to doubling its annual marketing spend across its eight key brands, which include Hovis, while at the same time cutting costs and disposing of non-core businesses.
More recently, the food company reduced its consumer marketing spend by 19% last year to £25.6m.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...