Barclays prepares campaign for Pingit mobile payment app
Barclays is readying a marketing campaign to promote the launch of its Pingit app, which it claims is Europe's first person-to-person service for sending and receiving money using mobile phones.
Barclays: launches Pingit mobile payment app
The high-street bank has today (16 February) unveiled Pingit, which allows Barclays customers to send and receive money for free. By next month, Barclays plans to extend the mobile app to all UK current account-holders.
The Barclays Pingit app, available to iOS, Android and BlackBerry handsets, allows users to send money by simply entering a UK mobile phone number, rather than entering full bank details. The minimum payment is £1 and the maximum £300, with a daily receive limit of £5,000. The app itself is protected by a five-digit passcode, set by the user.
Guy Herrington, interim marketing director for Barclays UK Retail and Business Banking, said the innovation would provide a "core part" of its marketing activity over the coming 12 months.
He added: "Barclays Pingit clearly demonstrates our strategies of transforming financial services through innovation and making customers' lives much easier. It's a fantastic proposition that, by its nature, lends itself to the social and digital spaces driving word-of-mouth recommendations and viral growth."
Last week, it was revealed that Barclays had hired former Vodafone marketer David Wheldon as head of brand, reputation and citizenship across Barclays Group, to lead the brand's "citizenship" CSR programme and corporate reputation.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...