Sony Mobile readies 'made of imagination' global push
Sony Mobile is launching a global campaign this Saturday with a 60-second spot by feature film director Wes Anderson as it seeks to establish the mobile brand following its buyout from Ericsson.
Sony Mobile: 'made of imagination' campaign by Wes Anderson
The script for the global campaign is based verbatim on the thoughts of an eight-year-old boy with creative using the same stop-motion animation techniques used by Anderson in his 2009 film 'Fantastic Mr Fox'.
Steve Walker, chief marketing officer at Sony Mobile, said: "Xperia smartphones are made of more than microprocessors and memory chips – they are designed to let consumers use their creativity and imagination to drive connected experiences that interest and excite them."
The 'Made of Imagination' global campaign was created by McCann Worldgroup, PHD and LBi, and aims to highlight the entertainment experiences offered by Sony through the Sony Entertainment Network, which provides access to content including music, movies and TV content.
Backing music is by Jonsi from Icelandic group, Sigur Ros, the mainstay of documentaries including 'Planet Earth'.
A print campaign will back the television activity and reflects Sony's connected entertainment experiences, which the brand says enable consumers to "play, watch, listen and create".
The brand has released this teaser for the campaign:
Folow Matthew Chapman at @mattchapmanUK
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Amnesty International Secretariat £52,464, WC1X 0DW
- Head of Editorial Compliance Telegraph Media Group Competitive + excellent benefits, London
- board director > DIRECT RESPONSE EVANGELIST collectivo to £90k + bens, LONDON
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Loyalty Programme Executive Stopgap £25000 - £30000 per annum, City of London
- Head of Programmatic - Leading Publisher silverdrum to £65,000 + bonus + benefits, London