We'll call you: Everything Everywhere
Mole was excited by news of an Everything Everywhere lobbying campaign for 4G mobile service, and wanted to find out more about trials taking place in Cornwall.
Mktg (Put through to Orange customer service after calling Everything Everywhere.) Hi, I read a story on the BBC about you launching a campaign about 4G.
Orange That operation is still under process (sic), so once we get a final update we will update it on the news section.
Mktg Can you tell me anything about it now?
Orange We haven't got any confirmation about it - the engineers are still working on that.
Mktg When is 4G likely to be introduced?
Orange Probably by July or August.
Mktg Do you know anything about this 4G campaign? I think it's called 4G Britain.
Orange Yes I do. Just two seconds. OK, well it hasn't been launched as of now, but there will be a trial available in 2012.
Mktg When exactly is the trial?
Orange It is based in Cornwall and will run through to June.
Mktg Can I take part?
Orange You can, but it has to be in June just now.
Mktg Do I have to be in Cornwall to take part?
Orange That's right.
Mktg When will it be available in other regions?
Orange That's available in Bristol as well - there will be two trial areas.
Mktg I live in London, do you know when it's coming here?
Orange For London we don't have any confirmation yet - it is just giving me a trial for Cornish (sic) and Bristol.
Mktg Do you have any idea when it might be rolled out further?
Orange By the end of 2012. We are waiting for Ofcom approval and then we will start work.
Mktg Will any of your rivals bring out 4G earlier?
Orange Only Orange is giving the first trial.
Mktg So Orange is the only one doing the trial?
Orange That's right and that's in June 2012.
Mktg So Orange will be the first one to bring out 4G?
Orange That's right.
Mktg How can I keep updated with the latest developments?
Orange You can check it on our site on the news section - you will be able to get all the details from there (gives address).
Mktg OK, I will keep checking there. Thanks for your help.
VERDICT: 4 out of 10
The call-handler didn't seem well briefed about the Everything Everywhere lobbying campaign, and appeared confused about details of the trial, implying only Orange was taking part, and not mentioning sister brand T-Mobile.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...