Cancer Research UK campaign supports removal of tobacco brands
Cancer Research UK has created a hard-hitting marketing campaign to highlight the impact of tobacco packaging on children, calling for all branding to be removed from packs.
The campaign, created by Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, shows a group of primary school children discussing what they find attractive about cigarette packets.
The children talk about the appealing quality of the images and colours and pictures, and why these elements would make them want to "play" with them.
It ends with the statement, "Unbranding cigarette packs wont stop everyone from smoking, but it will give millions of kids one less reason to start. Click to sign the petition at the answerisplain.org."
The campaign includes a YouTube video, which then calls for members of the public to sign a petition to ban branding on tobacco packaging, supported by a series of press ads.
The film coincides with Cancer Research's latest report that identifies young people and women as the key target groups for tobacco packaging.
It follows the announcement this month from health secretary Andrew Lansley that the Government wants tobacco companies to have "no business" in Britain.
The Government has since launched a consultation to discuss the effects of bringing in plain packaging regulations and whether it would drive down the appeal of tobacco.
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...