Vodafone axes 'How are you?' in £100m rethink
LONDON - Vodafone is preparing to launch a £100m global brand campaign, which will replace its long-running "How are you?" strapline and is intended to reinforce its position as the world's biggest mobile phone network.
It is understood that the campaign, which breaks next month, will introduce 'Now' as Vodafone's brand slogan.
As well as reinforcing the mobile operator's brand status, "Now" is intended to promote it as a next-generation network. This will provide a much-needed boost to Vodafone's 3G services, take-up of which is beginning to accelerate in its core markets.
"How are you?", which was launched in 2001, was backed by a spend of more than £100m. Sources predict the figure for the latest campaign will exceed this, as it will run across all the countries in which Vodafone operates.
Vodafone's two roster agencies, JWT and Bartle Bogle Hegarty, are both understood to be working on different elements of the brand activity. Neither the agencies nor Vodafone would comment.
Vodafone chief executive Arun Sarin announced this week that the firm is seeking further growth in new international markets to build on the strength of the brand.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)