Barclays campaign to highlight quality of staff
LONDON - Barclays is embarking on a multimillion-pound bid to establish itself as a customer-friendly bank, backed by its biggest ad campaign in four years.
At the same time, the bank's staff are to dumb down how they talk to customers. A "Tone of voice" project will simplify the language used to engage with customers, including that on in-branch signage. "Customer service" signs, for example, will now read "Can I help you?".
The strategy, masterminded by marketing chief Jim Hytner, will introduce the strapline "Barclays, now there's a thought", replacing "Fluent in finance".
A TV campaign, created by Bartle Bogle Hegarty, breaks on Friday. The ads focus on Barclays' staff and highlight the bank's "inventive spirit". "They show the staff's ability to come up with ideas that benefit customers at a local level," said Hytner.
The strategy will pit Barclays directly against rival Lloyds TSB's customer-focused "You first" positioning.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
This article was first published on Marketing
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...