Barclays campaign to highlight quality of staff
LONDON - Barclays is embarking on a multimillion-pound bid to establish itself as a customer-friendly bank, backed by its biggest ad campaign in four years.
At the same time, the bank's staff are to dumb down how they talk to customers. A "Tone of voice" project will simplify the language used to engage with customers, including that on in-branch signage. "Customer service" signs, for example, will now read "Can I help you?".
The strategy, masterminded by marketing chief Jim Hytner, will introduce the strapline "Barclays, now there's a thought", replacing "Fluent in finance".
A TV campaign, created by Bartle Bogle Hegarty, breaks on Friday. The ads focus on Barclays' staff and highlight the bank's "inventive spirit". "They show the staff's ability to come up with ideas that benefit customers at a local level," said Hytner.
The strategy will pit Barclays directly against rival Lloyds TSB's customer-focused "You first" positioning.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Digital Senior Sales Manager - Leading Ad Tech Business Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + 100% COMMISSION , London