Barclays campaign to highlight quality of staff
LONDON - Barclays is embarking on a multimillion-pound bid to establish itself as a customer-friendly bank, backed by its biggest ad campaign in four years.
At the same time, the bank's staff are to dumb down how they talk to customers. A "Tone of voice" project will simplify the language used to engage with customers, including that on in-branch signage. "Customer service" signs, for example, will now read "Can I help you?".
The strategy, masterminded by marketing chief Jim Hytner, will introduce the strapline "Barclays, now there's a thought", replacing "Fluent in finance".
A TV campaign, created by Bartle Bogle Hegarty, breaks on Friday. The ads focus on Barclays' staff and highlight the bank's "inventive spirit". "They show the staff's ability to come up with ideas that benefit customers at a local level," said Hytner.
The strategy will pit Barclays directly against rival Lloyds TSB's customer-focused "You first" positioning.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London