Nokia targets blogs for new handset launch
DEL RAY, CA - Nokia has unveiled a blog relations campaign for its new N90 phone, complete with a separate press room specifically geared toward bloggers.
Nokia sent the N90 phone for review to 50 bloggers with focuses as broad as gadgets and as narrow as following one of Nokia's competitors.
Del Mar, CA-based Comunicano created the campaign, which CEO Andy Abramson said was simply geared to regard bloggers like any member of the press.
"Bloggers are often treated like publicists treat the paparazzi in Hollywood; they're used when they're wanted, or looked at like something at the bottom of the shoe when they're not," Abramson says.
But Abramson said that bloggers are an obvious choice for media relations.
"Since bloggers are articulate, passionate, and prolific -- and have more space to write in than a newspaper columnist -- they can yield incredible dividends," Abramson said.
The press room provides product information, resources links to blog reviews, and allows Abramson and the product team to address all bloggers with one post.
"If one blogger has a question, there might be 10 others who have the same question," Abramson said.
The company plans similar campaigns for its N71 and N91 series.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
This article was first published on PR Week Worldwire
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Media - Client Director Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum, London
- Interim Customer Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London