Nokia targets blogs for new handset launch
DEL RAY, CA - Nokia has unveiled a blog relations campaign for its new N90 phone, complete with a separate press room specifically geared toward bloggers.
Nokia sent the N90 phone for review to 50 bloggers with focuses as broad as gadgets and as narrow as following one of Nokia's competitors.
Del Mar, CA-based Comunicano created the campaign, which CEO Andy Abramson said was simply geared to regard bloggers like any member of the press.
"Bloggers are often treated like publicists treat the paparazzi in Hollywood; they're used when they're wanted, or looked at like something at the bottom of the shoe when they're not," Abramson says.
But Abramson said that bloggers are an obvious choice for media relations.
"Since bloggers are articulate, passionate, and prolific -- and have more space to write in than a newspaper columnist -- they can yield incredible dividends," Abramson said.
The press room provides product information, resources links to blog reviews, and allows Abramson and the product team to address all bloggers with one post.
"If one blogger has a question, there might be 10 others who have the same question," Abramson said.
The company plans similar campaigns for its N71 and N91 series.
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
This article was first published on PR Week Worldwire
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Lead Online Communications Officer Adam Recruitment £22000 - £24000 per annum, Wilmslow
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...