British Airways to phase in SMS marketing
LONDON – British Airways is looking to use SMS for marketing and customer services in the future and has appointed mobile marketing agency Incentivated to implement the medium.
In the short term, BA's passenger disruption notifications, cargo logistics and staff communication will adopt the SMS technology.
However, BA has big plans for the medium, which will act as an instantaneous way to keep its customers updated about services and flights.
As such, throughout 2005, BA has been testing the willingness of customers to give out their mobile numbers through its website for future communications with them.
Julie Fleming, marketing manager at British Airways IT procurement, said: "Earlier trials proved the effectiveness of SMS communications and we look forward to rolling this out in all parts of the business."
Jonathan Bass, managing director at Incentivated, said: "The addition of the mobile channel to marketing and customer service functions brings substantial enhancements to operations, along with cost savings.
"We will be working closely with British Airways to help them employ this technology for reaching their global customer base throughout their business.''
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing Manager Ibiza Rocks Salary: £30K-34K DOE, Based in London head office
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)