British Airways to phase in SMS marketing
LONDON – British Airways is looking to use SMS for marketing and customer services in the future and has appointed mobile marketing agency Incentivated to implement the medium.
In the short term, BA's passenger disruption notifications, cargo logistics and staff communication will adopt the SMS technology.
However, BA has big plans for the medium, which will act as an instantaneous way to keep its customers updated about services and flights.
As such, throughout 2005, BA has been testing the willingness of customers to give out their mobile numbers through its website for future communications with them.
Julie Fleming, marketing manager at British Airways IT procurement, said: "Earlier trials proved the effectiveness of SMS communications and we look forward to rolling this out in all parts of the business."
Jonathan Bass, managing director at Incentivated, said: "The addition of the mobile channel to marketing and customer service functions brings substantial enhancements to operations, along with cost savings.
"We will be working closely with British Airways to help them employ this technology for reaching their global customer base throughout their business.''
If you have an opinion on this or any other issue raised on Brand Republic, join the debate in the Forum.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...