Aloft Hotels brings music campaign to the UK
Aloft Hotels, the American hotel chain owned by Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide, is bringing its music-focused 'Turning up the Spotlight' campaign to the UK, as it prepares to open its first London hotel.
Aloft Hotels: bring its 'turning up the spotlight' campaign to the UK
The campaign, created by specialist music marketing agency Frukt, aims to support emerging musical talent and provide new bands with a platform to showcase themselves to leading figures in the industry.
The hotel brand will stage two showcase events over the next month, firstly at the Aloft Brussels Schuman hotel and then at Aloft Abu Dhabi.
Each event will be judged by BBC Radio 1's Huw Stevens, The Charlatans' guitarist Mark Collins and record producers Kevin Bacon and Jonathan Quarmby.
The judges will choose one winning act from each event to travel to the UK and perform at the launch party for the Aloft London Excel hotel on 15 November.
The campaign will be supported by extensive social media activity across Facebook and Twitter.
Aloft Hotels appointed Dentsu earlier this year to raise awareness of its brand in the run-up to its London launch, with work including outdoor, online, experiential and social media activity.
Aloft Hotels has opened more than 50 hotels globally since launching in 2008. The brand has been celebrating its expansion by running a "50 days of music" global festival across its hotels.
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Designer/Illustrator/Children's Designer Premier Media plus excellent benefits, Central London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...