Rapier replaces Mother on £6m Travelodge ad account
Travelodge has awarded its £6 million ad account to Rapier after splitting with the incumbent, Mother, over claimed creative differences.
Travelodge: Rapier adds TV and press to its digital duties
Rapier, which has worked on the Travelodge digital account for nearly two years, will now take full responsibility of the budget hotel chain's advertising account. It was handed the TV and press business after a pitch process.
Mother was appointed to the advertising account last year but said that it did not repitch for the business.
Stef Calcraft, a partner at Mother, said: "Given the success we have created for Travelodge, had we been formally invited to repitch after less than two years, we would have said no. The mutual decision to part is clearly in everyone's best interests and we wish Travelodge the best of luck in the future."
A Travelodge spokesman said: "Mother has provided great service over the past two years with the development of the Travelodge brand."
Travelodge returned to TV advertising in May 2010 after a 20-year hiatus.
Mother's "retailer of sleep" campaign aimed to promote a new direction for Travelodge, selling sleep rather than rooms. The ads introduced the company's teddy-bear brand ambassadors, Mr Sleep and Big Ted.
The pair, voiced by Simon Greenall, the man behind Comparethemarket.com's Aleksandr Orlov, have since featured in subsequent ads.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...