P&G picks Olympic athletes for brand ambassadors
Procter & Gamble has named 11 British athletes, who are set to compete in the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games, as brand ambassadors for a range of its products, including Gillette, Olay and Ariel, as part of its tier one sponsorship activity.
P&G: unveils its London 2012 brand ambassadors
The ambassadors, who include Paula Radcliffe, Jessica Ennis, Ben Rushgrove and Sir Chris Hoy, will front marketing campaigns and feature in a variety of sponsorship activity in the run up to the Games.
The following athletes have been matched to the following brands:
- Mark Cavendish, road cycling, Head & Shoulders
- Jessica Ennis, athletics, Olay
- Sir Chris Hoy, track cycling, Gillette
- Jeanette Kwakye, athletics, Ariel
- Keri-Anne Payne, swimming, Max Factor and Oral B
- Victoria Pendleton, track cycling, Pantene
- Paula Radcliffe, athletics, Fairy and Pampers
- Jenna Randall, synchronised swimming, Braun Female
- Ben Rushgrove, paralympic athletics, P&G
- Liam Tancock, swimming, Gillette
- Sophia Warner, paralympic athletics, P&G
The brand ambassadors clock up five current world records, 31 world championship titles and more than 100 medals from Olympic, Paralympic, Commonwealth, World Championships and European Champoinships Games, between them.
The announcement of the brand ambassadors comes in addition to P&G's current "Thank you mum" Olympic campaign.
P&G's sponsorship and marketing activity for London 2012 is part of a 10-year global partnership with the International Olympic Committee, which lasts until 2020.
Irwin Lee, P&G UK vice-president and managing director, said: "We're very excited to welcome to the P&G family an impressive line-up of athletes who will help us celebrate the London 2012 Games and the role that Mums and families play in raising great kids and great champions.
"Each of these athletes is leading the way in their individual fields and embody the values of leadership, integrity and passion for winning that we set for ourselves and our brands at P&G."
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Copywriter Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, City of London
- Creative Artworker - Reigate ASG £25,000 - £28,000, Reigate
- Senior PR Account Executive / Junior Account Manager AF Selection £20,000 - £23,000, Lincolnshire