RB takes to Facebook to sell Cillit Bang extension
Reckitt Benckiser (RB) is pushing its latest Cillit Bang brand extension through Facebook and is bringing back its advertising character Barry Scott to bolster its marketing offensive.
Cillit Bang: Barry and Harry campaign
RB is launching the product, Cillit Bang All in 1 Dish & Surface cleaner, exclusively through a direct-to-consumer (DTC) platform, within Facebook, for its UK audience.
The move is expected to be the first of a number of ecommerce trials planned by RB, as it moves to tap into the growth in social media.
The launch of the Cillit Bang brand extension also sees the return of brand character Barry Scott, joined by his "twin brother" Harry Scott, across the brand’s marketing activity, "to offer help, advice, and some fun interaction" for consumers.
The Cillit Bang Facebook page and shop, http://www.facebook.com/CillitbangUK, allows consumers to buy the product direct from the Facebook page, without having to pay for postage and packaging, and is delivered within three days.
Stefan Gaa, marketing director, RB UK, said the launch was a "first" and that RB would be monitoring it "very closely".
He said: "F-commerce DTC model allows us to interact intimately with our target market, getting almost instant feedback, and means that we can tailor the Facebook page and our offers and competitions quickly and precisely."
The new product launch is being supported with digital activity across social media, using competitions and games to talk to its target audience.
Follow Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith on Twitter @LoullaMae_ES
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...