Bakers creates TV soundtrack just for dogs
Bakers, the Nestle owned pet food brand, has created an ad for dogs, which includes a high-pitched whistle that can not be heard by humans.
Bakers: creates ad for dogs' ears only
The Bakers Meaty Meals ad by DDB UK recreates 'The Italian Job' and features a pack of dogs re-enacting scenes from the film.
The ad originally aired last summer with a soundtrack designed for humans. The new, remixed version, complete with additional high-pitched sounds that only dogs can hear will launch this evening during 'Emmerdale' at 7.15pm on ITV1.
Mark Zaki, brand manager, Bakers, said: "We are always looking for new ways to deliver an engaging experience for our consumers.
"With these special sounds we hope this delivers enjoyment for both dogs and their owners." The media planning and buying account for Bakers' parent group Nestlé Purina PetCare is handled by WPP media agency Mindshare.
Zara Boland, an animal expert who works with Bakers, said: "High pitch frequencies cannot be heard by the vast majority of humans, yet appeal to dogs as their hearing is twice as sharp.
"Our canine experts have created an advert interspersed with sounds including bells, barks and whistles – which dogs love – and high frequency noises that only they should hear."
The ad was directed by Trevor Melvin at RSA Films. Art direction was by Victor Monclus and the copywriter was Will Lowe.
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...