Bakers creates TV soundtrack just for dogs
Bakers, the Nestle owned pet food brand, has created an ad for dogs, which includes a high-pitched whistle that can not be heard by humans.
Bakers: creates ad for dogs' ears only
The Bakers Meaty Meals ad by DDB UK recreates 'The Italian Job' and features a pack of dogs re-enacting scenes from the film.
The ad originally aired last summer with a soundtrack designed for humans. The new, remixed version, complete with additional high-pitched sounds that only dogs can hear will launch this evening during 'Emmerdale' at 7.15pm on ITV1.
Mark Zaki, brand manager, Bakers, said: "We are always looking for new ways to deliver an engaging experience for our consumers.
"With these special sounds we hope this delivers enjoyment for both dogs and their owners." The media planning and buying account for Bakers' parent group Nestlé Purina PetCare is handled by WPP media agency Mindshare.
Zara Boland, an animal expert who works with Bakers, said: "High pitch frequencies cannot be heard by the vast majority of humans, yet appeal to dogs as their hearing is twice as sharp.
"Our canine experts have created an advert interspersed with sounds including bells, barks and whistles – which dogs love – and high frequency noises that only they should hear."
The ad was directed by Trevor Melvin at RSA Films. Art direction was by Victor Monclus and the copywriter was Will Lowe.
Follow Maisie McCabe on Twitter @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Middleweight Artworker become £32K, London
- International Assistant Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £28,000 per annum, South East
- PR and Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, London
- Media - Client Director Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum, London
- International Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 per annum, South East region
- Digital Project Manager - Hugely Respected Digital Agency ADLIB £30000 - £45000 per annum, Oxford