Direct Line recruits guest comics for TV ads
Insurance brand Direct Line has unveiled a new series of guest comedians to appear in its ongoing TV ad campaign starring funny man Chris Addison.
Direct Line: Chris Addison stars in insurance brand TV ads
The RBS Insurance-owned brand has launched an ad featuring 'Smack the Pony' actress Doon Mackichan and former 'Green Wing' star Darren Boyd.
The pair play a married couple opposite Addison, who is informing them that Direct Line is offering a 30% "introductory discount" on home insurance and a further 20% saving for booking online.
Direct Line moved away from its long-running animated red phone and mouse ads last January, as it sought to position itself as a "straightforward" insurer. Ads, by M&C Saatchi, feature 'The Thick of It' actor Addison as a Direct Line representative speaking to customers who are confused by the simplicity of its products.
Separately, Churchill, also owned by RBS Insurance, rolled out a new £50m marketing campaign starring actor Martin Clunes.
The ads show Clunes becoming the owner of a new, animatronic version of the Churchill nodding dog.
The two travel together on a Triumph motorbike and sidecar through the English countryside, helping out neighbours in trouble.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing Manager Ibiza Rocks Salary: £30K-34K DOE, Based in London head office
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)