Aviva takes on Admiral with latest Paul Whitehouse ad
Aviva is looking to take on rival Admiral with an ad campaign to support its new MultiCar insurance product.
The new ad, by AMV BBDO, once more stars 'The Fast Show' comic Paul Whitehouse, this time as a "Brummie fishing fanatic" called Ollie. The character describes how he spent the money he saved on MultiCar insurance on a pair of waterproof chest waders.
For the first time, the TV ad will be accompanied by a Facebook app which will allow users to interact with "Ollie's Garage", featuring two cars and elements that showcase the character's passion for fishing.
Consumers can also view additional online videos featuring the Ollie.
Heather Smith, director of marketing at Aviva, said: "This new campaign builds on the success of previous Paul Whitehouse ads and, for the first time, we're extending the reach of the character beyond TV. In 'Ollie's Garage', users can play, watch, create and share different elements, bringing the character to life through social media."
Last December, former Npower marketing director Kevin Peake joined Aviva as interim brand, sponsorship and corporate responsibility director. He reports to Aviva's UK marketing director, Anne Filatotchev.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Brand Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Berkshire