Aviva takes on Admiral with latest Paul Whitehouse ad
Aviva is looking to take on rival Admiral with an ad campaign to support its new MultiCar insurance product.
The new ad, by AMV BBDO, once more stars 'The Fast Show' comic Paul Whitehouse, this time as a "Brummie fishing fanatic" called Ollie. The character describes how he spent the money he saved on MultiCar insurance on a pair of waterproof chest waders.
For the first time, the TV ad will be accompanied by a Facebook app which will allow users to interact with "Ollie's Garage", featuring two cars and elements that showcase the character's passion for fishing.
Consumers can also view additional online videos featuring the Ollie.
Heather Smith, director of marketing at Aviva, said: "This new campaign builds on the success of previous Paul Whitehouse ads and, for the first time, we're extending the reach of the character beyond TV. In 'Ollie's Garage', users can play, watch, create and share different elements, bringing the character to life through social media."
Last December, former Npower marketing director Kevin Peake joined Aviva as interim brand, sponsorship and corporate responsibility director. He reports to Aviva's UK marketing director, Anne Filatotchev.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Marketing Partnerships Director PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- Assistant Category Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £27000 - £30000 per annum + + Bonus + Benefits, London